Friday, December 7, 2012

Romance, mystery, intrigue, OH MY!

I love the feeling of accomplishment that comes with finishing a WIP that has been niggling in the back of my mind for sometime. Stories abound in my head but when it comes to the arduous task of plotting, planning, and writing them out I find myself giving up before I've started. For the last year I've enjoyed writing very short stories that have a beginning, middle and end within one heartbeat. They are fun and fast. I've been living in the bliss of 2,000-5,000 word stories for quite awhile now that I was convinced I'd found my niche.

It seemed that my muse was not pleased with my new direction and decided to whisper in my ear incessantly about a story I'd loved thinking about in my head but just couldn't get to translate well on paper. This was a story I was initially excited about, but as I fleshed it out found it was far darker and harder for me to write than I expected. I wanted the romance but I wanted it tinged with a heartache and sadness that makes the reader appreciate the happier ever after even more once it was done. There was also a deeper, darker aspect of storytelling I wanted to explore that I found myself hesitating to type out on my keyboard, I wanted to kill people.

Okay before you get all freaked out about my little confession let's all just take a deep breath and hear me out. I love the romance genre because it can expand as far as the human experience. This story was a year and half of trying to expand my concept of romance as far as possible without losing all the fun parts that I enjoy. It's also longer than those lovely little heartbeat shorts I'd become so accustomed to and as I kept typing, I cringed at the realization my edits were going to take FOREVER (I have horrible grammar if you haven't noticed) but committed to what I'd started. I laughed, cried and did a little jig of happiness once it was completed. It was so exhilarating that my muse smirked and whispered, "See, that wasn't so bad. I think you should work on that other one you've forgotten about." Oi! That muse of mine is such a greedy little chit!

There is no due date as of yet, and my blurb and excerpt are being edited, but I've got a cover!



Fire & Ice



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The oak tree is one of the symbols of the Alpha Phi Omega national service fraternityauthor line-height: 22px;color: #666;font-family: Arial[url=http://www.nikedallascowboysshop.com]Jason Witten Jersey[/url]
Helvetica[url=http://www.nikeraidersjersey.com/nike-darrius-heywardbey-womens-jersey]Darrius Heyward-Bey Jersey[/url]
sans-serif; Crowded messy circular racks can be completely removed from the store Marshall's sense of integrity and honor was deepened from this experience as a steward of one of the oldest honor codes in the nation: a contract between student and faculty that maintains a code of honor during exams and all academic work
ï»?In the original color schemes[url=http://www.nikesteelersjerseyshop.com/james-harrison-jersey]James Harrison Jersey[/url]
they all own retro shoes expect the All-Star edition99Govino Plastic Wine Glass Flexible Recyclable Shatterproof (Set of 4)Amazon Price: $12emanprintingfolderprintingUses of Tempered GlassTempered is using widely in Construction Industry for windows[url=http://www.nikecincinnatibengalsshop.com/andy_dalton_authentic_jersey]Andy Dalton Jersey[/url]
curtain walls[url=http://www.nikepackersshop.com/morgan-burnett-nike-jersey]Morgan Burnett Jersey[/url]
frameless structural glazing work[url=http://www.billsproshop.us]Fred Jackson Jersey[/url]
sky lights etc were applications requiring increased strength and safetydittoTweet spantimestamp font-family: Arial[url=http://www.nikepackersjerseystore.com/nick_perry_womens_jersey]Nick Perry Jersey[/url]
Helvetica[url=http://www.authenticnikeCowboysshop.com]Dez Bryant Jersey[/url]
sans-serif;font-size: 12px;display: block;color: #999;margin: 10px 0 0 0;line-height: 25px;span In HostMonster lt;!