Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I'm all about the Last Minute


I had this crazy epiphany this past Monday night. I’m at the sink doing dishes, Mr. A is in the living room and I turn around and the calendar is right there.

I look and I scream.

Mr. A comes running and I point to the thing. “Christmas is next week!”

When did that happen? How? I thought we had more time. I thought I had more time to do things like decorate the tree, shop for that dollhouse the kid wanted and decide which family member I’d be blackmailing to bake me a cake.

Next week!

Now I’m scrambling because really, it’s all about last minute at my place. You’ll be happy to know that I don’t do shopping. Like, ever. It’s not my thing. We agree on what’s to buy, who gets what, and I send Mr. A out to handle that. He’s also in charge of getting the tree décor. I mean, I can’t be expected to do all those things, am I?

Last minute is how we handle everything in my house and I have to admit, even though we bitch and moan about how last minute we are, it all somehow comes together at the end of the day. Must be doing something right. Right?

Could it be that’s our thing? Last minute everything? Shopping. Cooking. Decorating. That could be our niche. After ten years, it’s never failed yet. Why mess with a good thing, is what I say.

---

Author BIO/LINKS

l always wanted to have a sexy bio, one to reflect who I am, but after drawing a blank, l could only come up with: I eat cake and I read books…ooh, and I write ‘em too. No one liked it and after massive peer-pressure and pouting, I managed something more…suitable?

A Caribbean transplant, Avril now lives in Brooklyn, N.Y with a tolerant Spousal Equivalent. Together they raise an eccentric daughter who loves reading and school (not so much school anymore). Avril’s earliest memories of reading revolve around discussing plot points of Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys with an equally book-minded mother  

Always in love with the written word, Avril finally decided to do the writing in August of ’09 and never looked back. Spicy love scenes, delicious heroes, and wicked women burn up the pages of Avril’s stories, but there’ll always be a happy ending; Av remains a believer of love in all its forms. 

Authorgraph: http://www.authorgraph.com/authors/AvrilAsh

2 comments:

Brenda Whiteside said...

This is too funny. Love a woman who can delegate - even Christmas!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ukgamingstore.co.uk/]cheap gaming pc[/url]

[url=http://www.ukgamingstore.co.uk/intel-core-i7-gaming-computers]core i7 gaming pc uk[/url]

[url=http://www.ukgamingstore.co.uk/intel-core-i3-gaming-laptops]core i3 gaming laptop uk[/url]

[url=http://www.ukgamingstore.co.uk/gaming-headsets]gaming headset uk[/url]