Monday, November 26, 2012

REST IN PEACE? FORGET ABOUT IT! By Rolynn Anderson


Today, here on TRS, I get to officially announce the release of SWOON, second in my Funeral Planner Suspense series, about a boutique funeral planner whose clients will not rest in peace.
Well, guess what, this author doesn’t know the meaning of ‘rest in peace,’ either.  I’ve had two books published by Wild Rose Press, pleased to work with their extraordinary staff, but I decided to try publishing SWOON on my own.  The journey has been challenging, no question, but I am here to tell you I’d do it again for the chance to experience the control I had over each step.  For about $2500, I worked with an editor, a cover artist, and a formatter.  Today, SWOON happily resides on Nook, Kindle, and Smashwords; Amazon sells my print version.  I’m releasing this book exactly when I want to at the price I set.  If I want to try KDP Select later, I might do so.  Royalties are higher, of course, but will they offset my upfront costs?  That I can’t tell you right now, but you can be sure I’ll be making the comparisons.
I want to use this space to thank all of the people who forged the pathway for self-publishing quality novels.  I heard Mark Coker from Smashwords speak at several conferences; in a private talk with him, he suggested I time the release of a series and tinker with price points.  Debra Holland, self-publisher extraordinaire is another dynamo when it comes to sharing information as well as enthusiasm for self-publishing.  Bob Mayer set a clear path for us to be writer-warriors.  So much knowledge shared by so many so generously.  I thank you all.

Don't miss SWOON by Rolynn Anderson! If you like an interesting cast of characters, a heavy dose of mystery and a lot of fabulous surprises, you'll be happily turning pages late into the night.ˮ
~ Brenda Novak, NYT and USA Bestselling Author of WHEN LIGHTNING STRIKES

****
Her dead clients won’t rest in peace.
When the dead tell tales, Jan Solvang’s first reaction is to RUN!  But then she gets caught up in their mysteries.
Jan’s a boutique funeral planner, new to risk, hired to bury a missing woman and memorialize an infamous man.  Yet when she digs for clues to write their eulogies, she disturbs family secrets and unmasks killers.
Roman Keller, hard-driving documentary writer, is in complete control of his life and his stories, until he falls for Jan, a woman who trusts her dog, her faint-dreams, and her instincts more than she trusts him.

Can they make the sacrifices necessary to cement their relationship or will the mayhem caused by the dead ruin their second chance at love?  

SUSPENSE SPIKED WITH ROMANCE
Nook: http://tinyurl.com/c56p9s8 
Smashwords - http://tinyurl.com/aqzpjud 

5 comments:

Angela Adams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela Adams said...

Hi, Rolynn, best wishes with your new book!

Wendi Sotis said...

Congratulations, Rolynn!

Rachael Slate said...

Congrats on taking that big step and doing it on your own. Wishing you many happy sales :)

Rolynn Anderson said...

Thanks to Angela, Wendi and Rachael for their good wishes. I'm here to help others forge the self-pub path, too! Rolynn